Thursday, May 10, 2012

Heart Keychain

Day #131
Heart #107

I saw a cute heart keychain at Toastie Studio this week, and I couldn't rest until I tried one myself.  I changed it by putting a layer of felt over my printed fabric so it is reverse appliqued.  The edges are hand-embroidered.

Front:

Back:

In my hand:

It has imperfections because this was the practice one...I needed to get a feel for how it would go together.  Normally after the first one, I make changes and do a second and third one before I get something I like.  This time, though, I like it just like this!  It seems just the right size and weight and sturdiness to be a functional keychain, so I think I will make a few more, with different fabric centers and different color combinations.

3 comments:

LimeRiot said...

Very cute! I purchased a GIANT bag of key chain loop thingys a while back and I'm always looking for something to do with them.

I've tried felt keychains but they don't hold up to repeated use. The fabric probably works great!

Thanks for the inspiration.

Kay said...

I really like this, maybe even I could do this. The sewing machine and I still do not get along very well so I feel happier handsewing.

wendiek said...

I like it! So cute and who doesn't need a keychain!