Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Kiwi

Day #165
Heart #146

My friend Diane wanted to see a kiwi-slice scissors fob, because kiwis are her favorite fruit.  Here ya go, Diane!  This is for you!


If anyone else has a suggestion for a fob, please leave it in a comment below.  I have more than 200 hearts left in this challenge!  Help!!



Another friend, Mareth (aka Lime Riot) wondered where I got the baker's twine I've been using in these fobs.  Earlier this year I purchased this wonderful assortment from Talking Twine and Trim on Etsy.  I didn't know what I would use it for, but I knew I wanted it.  This is 10 yards each of 18 different colors.  This is very nice, heavy-weight twine, and I highly recommend it!

4 comments:

Kay said...

This is not a suggestion for a fob but how about a heart shaped toothfairy pillow. For fob ideas: sun , moon, and stars, or even though it is getting ahead on the year maybe a halloween range of a pumpkin, spider, broom etc.

Leslie Andersen said...

Oh, I like all of your ideas, Kay! I had thought of some Halloween ones too--great minds think alike!

Anonymous said...

Honeybees! A skep-style hive with little bees embroidered around it, a heart made of bee-print fabric, or a Winnie-the-Pooh or Dr. Seuss-style bee on a heart would all be cute.

You could also do a Southwestern series with chiles, rattlesnakes, cacti, coyotes, and Indian petroglyphs on them. Or Route 66 -- you could do a Route 66 shield and then symbols to represent different places along the road: the Blue Whale, the Jack Rabbit Trading Post, the Wigwam Motel, a Kansas sunflower, etc. You could even expand that and do a 50 states theme, with something to represent each state.

Leslie Andersen said...

Thanks for all those great ideas, redforkhippie! I just took a look at your blog and I see why you suggested them! I will definitely do a bee, and probably some of the others, soon.